Saturday, February 14, 2009

One Community with Several Neighborhoods

As Bastrop continues to grow, we will add more neighborhoods and each development, like those already here, will create its own unique interests and character. I want to honor this diversity as a way of building a stronger, unified community.

We are a unique Texas city and the oldest town in Central Texas. The stores and houses in our historic area serve as reminders of what makes this the best place in the world to live. They help all of us remember earlier days when life was simpler, when people spent time on their front porches and had time to create a genuine, friendly community spirit. I believe we all desire to move forward with this same spirit in the 21st century in every neighborhood of Bastrop.

I am committed to addressing individual and neighborhood needs while seeking a unity of purpose for all of us. No matter how large Bastrop grows, I want to help find ways to work together to make sure that life in Bastrop is enriching and rewarding for every citizens, long-time residents and newcomers, people of all locations and ages and backgrounds.

I hope you will consider voting for me in May, and I hope you will share with me your views by emailing me at kesselus@gmail.com or calling me at 303-6335. I would also welcome an invitation to visit with you in person.