Friday, May 22, 2009

I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support I received in the recent campaign. It is affirming, more than anyone can know, and gives me confidence that I can do an effective job on the council.

Early on, I realized that a person running for office is not really an individual so much as the front person for a group of people seeking the same goals. As a council member, I know that the same is true. So, I am counting on citizens to support our work and share their comments about city matters.

Please e-mail me at Kesselus@gmail.com or call me at 303-6335.

Together we will protect what we treasure and build what we need, all for the sake of the community we love dearly.

The new council is off and running and I believe we made a good start on May 12, when Kay, Bill, and I were sworn in and participated actively. The mayor made a humorous, but all-too-true comment that total experience on the council among the six of us equals only three years. Now that we have completed more than a week as a council, I’d like to note that we have nearly a cumulative total of 162 weeks of experience.